In addition to the day-to-day administration of the Civic Society the Executive Committee also has responsibility for the following activities .
- Promote civic pride in the area.
- Promote research into subjects directly connected with the objects of the Society and to publish the results of any such research.
- Act as a co-ordinating body and to co-operate with the local authorities, planning committees, and all other statutory authorities, voluntary organisations, charities and persons having aims similar to those of the Society.
- Promote, or assist in promoting, activities of a charitable nature throughout the area.
- Publish papers, reports and other literature.
- Make surveys and prepare maps and plans and collect information in relation to any place, erection or building of beauty or historic interest within the area.
- Hold meetings, lectures and exhibitions
- The Committee Members are:
- Philip Riden – Chairman
- Frank Gorman – Secretary and Treasurer
- Janet Murphy
- Darrell Clarke
- Philip Cousins
- All affiliated societies also have a representative who is a full committee member .
Page last updated 20 April 2022.